Proposition 65 Declaration
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 DECLARATION
Dear Valued Customer,
Handi-Man Marine has implemented policies and updated procedures to address the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act(commonly referred to as “Proposition 65” or “Prop 65”). This law which has been continually updated, requires warning on products that contain certain chemicals. A list of these chemicals can be found at www.P65Warnings.CA.gov
The list contains approximately 900 substances including naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals that may cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm if exposed to certain emission levels. The list includes additives or ingredients in pesticides, common household products, food, drugs, dyes, or solvents. Listed chemicals may also be used in manufacturing and construction, or they may be byproducts of chemical processes, such as motor vehicle exhaust.
Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment. By requiring that this information be provided, Proposition 65 enables Californians to make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals.
To date, our organization has identified the following chemicals to be present in some of our products:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) – some plastic components use ABS such as vehicle handles
- Benzene – certain glues and adhesive products contain benzene
- Chromium – chrome plating contains chromium and can affect some components such as nuts, bolts, springs, pins, handles, etc.
- Lead – lead is present in some lock cylinders, cylinder accessories and components
- Phthalates – various packaging methods can contain phthalates including some plastic bags, blister packages and shrink/plastic wrap
- Zinc – zinc is present in some lock cylinders, cylinder accessories and components. Additionally, zinc plating or zinc alloy is used on some metal components to help resist corrosion
Handi-Man Marine believes our products are not harmful when used as designed but we take this law very seriously. We are committed to providing high quality products that are safe to our customers. Therefore, our organization is labeling ALL products out of an abundance of caution including those that are affected by the list of substances/chemicals noted above.
This document is intended for informational purposes only. For additional information regarding Proposition 65, please visit www.P65Warning.CA.gov. For any questions related to our company and/or products, please contact us directly at email@example.com.